You'll find everything you need in our shop, even the brandy!
50g/1¾ oz sultanas, soaked in about 1 ½ tbsn brandy or orange juice for 20-30 mins
4 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla essence
1pt milk – full fat or semi skimmed, it depends how indulgent you want to be, you could even add a splash of cream)
50g/1¾ oz sugar
1. Lightly butter the cut side of the croissants and arrange in a single layer in an ovenproof dish. Sprinkle over the soaked sultanas evenly along with any of the remaining soaking liquid.
2. Whisk together the eggs, milk, vanilla extract and sugar until evenly combined then pour over the croissants pieces.
3. Leave to soak for 30 mins so the croissants soften and absorb the custard mixture. Now is the time to preheat the oven.
4. Bake for 40 – 50 mins depending on your oven, the top will be risen and puffy and a beautiful golden brown.
5. Best served warm rather than scaldingly hot, you can add a little crunch with a sprinkling of sugar.
Delicious with a scoop of Ronaldos Vanilla ice cream or a swirl of Nortons cream.
Serves 4 - 6